Are you looking for a more private experience at White Shoal Light?
BEAT THE CROWDS & BOOK A VIP DAY-TOUR!
$300 - $1,500 range
(see below for more pricing details)
1 to 5 guests
No remaining dates for 2019
See below for trip details!
If you are looking for the ultimate experience (just short of an overnight stay) at White Shoal Light, this is the trip for you!
Like our SUNSET VIP TOUR, this trip is 100% customizable based on your group's preferences. The VIP DAY-TOUR is an 8-hour adventure!
Here is an example of your trip:
1. Your group will rendezvous at the Wilderness State Park boat launch West of Mackinaw City at 9:30am.
2. Gear will be loaded and our boat will set sail around 10:00am.
3. Now the adventure begins!…and it is 100% CUSTOMIZABLE based on what your group wants to see and/or do! Guests will sail out along the uninhabited island chain of Wilderness Point while being treated to the history and local lore of the area. You will then sail up very close to the abandoned Waugoshance Light Station for photo opportunities.
4. At this point, your group can decide to sail directly to White Shoal Light and spend the remainder of the day at the light station OR you can opt to partake in one or two side adventures. Side adventures include but are not limited to:
- Sail to Grays Reef to catch a freighter passing through the narrow channel, inspect the Light Station and take photos (the interior of Grays Reef is closed to the pubic at this time).
- Sail 2 miles West of White Shoal Light and anchor over the 1860 shipwreck CIRCASSIAN in approximately 8 feet of water for a snorkeling/swimming opportunity! This is a very unique experience where White Shoal actually comes to within 1-2 feet of the surface of the water (nearly 2 miles from the light station). Some years, there is actually a single boulder that breaks the surface in this location….so you can stand nearly out of the water at this one spot in a very remote location in the Straits of Mackinac….its spooky, but so cool!
- Sail to Grays Reef and anchor over the newly-discovered shipwreck of the WALRUS for a snorkeling opportunity.
5. After side adventures, your group will ultimately end up on White Shoal Light around 2 PM and have free reign of the light station for the next 2-1/2 hours! (there will be a staff member at the station at all times to run our vital systems, but there will be no other groups there during your stay).
7. A barbecue will be served on the crib deck around 3 PM. Your group will be free to explore the structure, hang out on the parapet, photograph passing freighters, and soak in the solitude.
8. Finally, you will re-board our boat around 5 PM and sail 13 miles back to the Big Stone Bay boat launch. Guests will return to Wilderness State Park around 6 PM to complete the day!
$300 - $1,500 range
1 to 5 guests
As for pricing, these trips will require a $1,500 donation to White Shoal Light Historical Preservation Society. This is the price PER BOAT-LOAD and is the same regardless of whether 1 person or 5 people attend. The price per person works out to be $300 for the entire day's adventure at maximum boat capacity of 5 people.
We assume that most folks will build their own group of 5 in order to fill the boat and keep the price per person down. We are, however, planning on allowing mixed groups for those who don't mind getting to know new faces and want to group together for cost savings.
HALF of the cost of this trip will go toward the restoration of the light station and is tax-deductible.